Basic Construction and Theory of Operation
TPI’s VersaTouch® touchscreen are constructed of two electrically conductive and transparent layers (ITO coated film or glass). The opposing layers of VersaTouch® are held apart by nearly invisible separator dielectric dots. The layers are held together and sealed with a gasket adhesive which isolates the touchscreen from the outside environment.
- Parallel busbars, consisting of screen-printed conductive ink, are positioned along the opposite edges of each layer and orthogonal to the busbars on the other layer. Applying pressure to the flexible top layer creates a contact between the two conductive surfaces and completes the circuit. An electronic controller circuit performs the voltage switching and sensing to determine the touch position.
Features and Benefits
- Proven 4-wire resistive technology
- Simplicity of interface electronics
- Built to your exact specifications from 2″ to 32″ Diagonal
- Superior optical qualities
- Highly linear and accurate
- Highly reliable
- Bare finger, gloved hand or stylus input
- 1 year limited warranty